First experiment with Contrast Paints at Warmaster scale was a big success. The Lizardmen army joins the collection. Now I just need to wrap up the other half-dozen armies 🙂
The High Elves are now enshrined in their own gallery. One down, eight more Warmaster armies to go 🙂
Also, I finished up some Halfling bases for my Empire force (Eureka models that I ordered together with the Wood Elves.
The big one is classic. The smaller one is converted from the plastic dragon in the Dreadfleet boxed set (got the model on ebay). It’s a nice mid-point between the mini-dragons (Eagle proxies) and the big dragon – making it an ideal proxy for the Griffon Rider. The rider is kitbashed from some high elf and Eureka wood elf models.
Warmaster High Elf Characters
The lords of Ulthuan are ready to lead their forces into battle.
Warmaster High Elf Warmachines
Some with wheels, some without (how on earth are High Elf Boltthrowers moved to the battlefield?)
Warmaster High Elf Cavalry
Yee-haw, some horses to go to with the foot sloggers.
Warmaster High Elves
Time to make some progress on that New Years Resolution. The folks over at TacComs convinced me to start with a Warmaster army. High Elves it is, since that’s the last “core” army not yet completed (see the Warmaster Gallery to see the other 5 core armies).
I am going with a red and white dragon theme for the army as my Dwarves are already blue/white (the other “classic” High Elf scheme). At a small scale like Warmaster, it’s best to stick with unique schemes per army (of course, my Empire army is also white/red but I have vague intentions to repaint them red/blue for Altdort since the paint job is not that great).
So first up are some core units and mini-dragons (Eagle Rider proxies). I shamelessly confess to copying the dragon shield design from this beautiful army.
Warmaster Wood Elf Army
I managed to finish lots much of the Wood Elf force in the last couple of weeks. They have their own page now. Have a look for more pictures.
Warmaster Project Prep
With the motivational slump from the Blood Angel experiment, I need some small scale projects to get me energized again. As a challenge, I will try to paint one Warmaster army every month. Let’s see how it goes.
Step one was to acquire all of the remaining Warmaster armies (I already have five), adding in some War of the Rings forces for good measure. After removing a metric ton of flash and gluing everything onto millions of painting sticks, I am now ready to go.
The first few models are just left-overs for the existing armies to practice a bit of 10mm painting.
The Orcs get a second unit of Boar Boyz and another Rock Lobber (if you can’t tell the difference to the 2002 version then I did a decent job blending into the old paint job).
Next, Chaos got a third unit of hounds just because I had them lying around.
The Empire received a unit of Mortars that I picked up at some point.
Finally, I painted some Tomb Scorpions for the Tomb King army. I got these when I ordered some Reaper soft plastic models for another project.
I added a section with small terrain items for Warmaster: